What happens in Montmartre for the artists? You will know everything in this section
MONTMARTRE IN THE MOVIES
We will forever love the “seventh art”. Especially when Montmartre is in the spotlight, it’s even more magical to let yourself be carried away by a story for a few hours. We love to travel, dream and most definitely share what we love most. This is why we dedicate this list of our ten favorite movies to you!
- Montmartre sur Seine, directed by Georges Lacombe (1941)
- Mr. Peek-a-Boo, directed by Jean Boyer (1951)
- An American in Paris, directed by Vincente Minnelli (1951)
- French Cancan, directed by Jean Renoir (1954)
- La Traversée de Paris, directed by Claude Autant-Lara (1956)
- The Moulin Rouge, directed by Baz Luhrmann (2001)
- Paris, I love you, directed by Benbihy, Claudie Ossard and Gilles Caussade (2006)
- Amélie, directed by Jean Pierre Jeunet (2011)
- Midnight in Paris, directed by Woody Allen (2011)
- A Monster in Paris, directed by Eric Bergeron (2011)
If some scenes make you dream, remember that you will always be a celebrity in Montmartre! Ask our ambassadors and the Terrass” Hotel will be happy to guide you in your exploration of the neighborhood!